Sunday, November 2, 2008

A moment of quiet


Finally, Nate and Nash are in bed, the dishes are done, the laundry is folded, and I have a minute to rest and catch up on my blog. What a week it's been. We moved into the new house and are starting to settle in. Whew! Although the last few weeks have at times been crazy and stressful, I've had a chance to reflect on things are realize just how blessed we are, and that even through the smallest details God has worked things out for us. I am amazed sometimes when I sit back and look at just how good God is to us. He has blessed us beyond measure. I can easily get caught up in the things I don't have, or the way I feel, or the people that can bug me, but God has showed me in so many different ways just to be thankful. I was sort of blown away by my poor attitute about this home we are renting, the thought of moving (once again), the frustrations of changing addresses and all that goes along with moving, and then once it all happened and I reflect on it, it wasn't so bad. We had Nate's family who helped so much getting our house on the market and then helping us move. They sacrificed a lot of time and engergy and sore muscles, painting, cleaning, moving boxes, and helping with Nash. We couldn't have done all of this without them and I'm so very thankful for their giving hearts.

When Nate showed me this house to rent I was not happy. It was old and out dated,and seemed way too big. Once we got our stuff in the first night my heart changed. We are blessed to have an incredible view, fenced yard, 2 car garage, and lot and lots of room. It's great to be here and done with our house. We only live about a block or two down from Nate's parents which is really fun. Nash loves when they pop by or when we can walk to their house and visit.

I guess in these crazy time we are living in, I'm just so very thankful for our family and friends and that we are doing ok when so many people aren't. I thankful for the moments God reveals these things to me and reminds me what's really important in life.

Tis the Season to be Thankful!

1 comment:

Team Houston said...

HI KIM :O)

Your blog is great!

I feel the same way...Tis the season to be THANKFUL.

Happy Belated Birthday.

xoxo Michele