Well Nate finally found out that he got the job with The Department of Homeland Security, as a US Customs and Border Protection Officer. He will be stationed in the Seattle/Tacoma area! Nate applied for this job almost a year ago, and had to go through many tests, interviews, and lots of paperwork. I am so proud of him. It is not easy to get hired on with the Federal Government and make it through such an extensive background investigation, but he did it! This is a blessing for our family since the real estate market has been so slow this last year. For me it is bitter sweet. I've been in Spokane now for over 7 years. I have grown to love it here. I have made some very special friends who it will be very hard to move away from. I also have a wonderful job and a terrific group of people that I work with. Leaving them will be so sad. We have a wondeful daycare provider who takes wondeful care of Nash while we are at work, finding someone new will be a huge challenge for us. We are close to Nate's family and get to see them often. Nate works with his dad, brother, and sister-in-law and has a special relationship with them. His parents live right down the street from us and Nash loves being able to go to grandma and grandpa's whenever he wants.
On the other hand, after being 4 plus hours away from my family, I will be closer to them. I'm excited to live by my sister Emily, my best friend. I'm happy Nash will be able to play with her children on a regular basis. I'm happy to be close to the beach, where my family is and get to go there and visit. I'm greatful I will be closer to my grandparetns who are getting older and who I can help care for. I'm excited to connect with my friends in the Seattle area and the ones who live up and down I5. I miss them and look forward to meeting their children.
Another huge challege for me is that Nate will be gone for almost 4 months. He will leave for 3 weeks of training in Seattle the beginning of March, and then after that he will head to Georgia for 3 months of intese training. Meanwhile Nash and I will be in Spokane missing him a bunch. Right now Nash is very busy and requires a lot of attention. Thankfully I am starting to feel somewhat better in my pregnancy but know it will be very difficult to care for him on my own. I know it will be realy hard for Nate to be away from us for that long too.
I trust through it all God has a great plan for us and will carry us through. I'm so very proud of Nate and look forward to taking this journey with him. Please keep us in your prayers. Our baby is due the beginning of August, Nate gets back July 10, we will need to move soon after the baby comes, find a home, find work, childcare, and learn a new city! OH MY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
congratulations on your new life adventure! I know it sounds like a lot right now, and it is, but you both are young & strong and it will work out just fine. We've had to go through similar circumstances these past few years and I truly worried myself over it, but we conquered and it has all worked out for the best. I know it will work out the same for you. I can tell you are very proud =) I am so excited for you on a personal level to be able to re-connect with your sis & her family and a lot of old friends and I feel your pain for moving away from another wonderful family & friends. When we left the Tri-Cities a few years ago, we left wonderful "new" friends and Rog's whole immediate family and went where we knew noone, but it also felt good to know we could do it with just us. It didn't last long though, we got the opportunity to come back which was nice, but I too miss my friends & family on the west side and possibly see ourselves there too someday. I wish you the best of luck and if you need ANYTHING please let me know! Happy belated birthday Nash!!!
Post a Comment