Monday, December 29, 2008

8 Weeks Pregnant


Baby New this week from Babycenter.com: Webbed fingers and toes are poking out from our baby's hands and feet, his (or her) eyelids practically cover his eyes, breathing tubes extend from his throat to the branches of his developing lungs, and his "tail" is just about gone. In his brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. I am daydreaming about our baby as one sex or the other, but the external genitals still haven't developed enough to reveal whether we are having a boy or a girl. Either way, my baby is about the size of a kidney bean — and is constantly moving and shifting, though I still can't feel it.

Well I'm surely feeing pregnant! This pregnancy has been a bit differnet, in that, I feel sick all the time. I have yet to throw up, but feel like I can pretty much all the time. The thought of chicken just about throws me over the edge! With Nash I only remember feeling sick in the evenings, and it was beef that made me queezy. I'm showing already at 8 weeks (lucky me) which I didn't until about 12 or so with Nash.I know this is typical with the second baby, plus I'm a bit bigger this time around to start with!
Nate really doesn't want to find out the sex of the baby and I am trying to get to that point. I am such a planner but know it would be fun to be suprised on the big day. According to our blog poll... it's a girl! I would love another boy and would love a girl... To me, I really just look forward to a new addition to our famiy and a sibling for Nash.

My first appointment is 1/5/09. Pray that it all goes well and I will be sure to keep everyone posted on our progress!

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Twins - a boy & a girl? If you feel that different from Nash, then it has to be a girl!

Emma said...

You sound just like I did when I was pregnant with Em! No chicken, even in the vicinity! ;) Horribly sick but never throwing up, etc...I vote it's a girl! ;)

Tessa said...

When I was pregnant with Katelynn I was sick all day long, but never threw up! It was horrible! The doctor finally gave me some meds to help. 1 pill every 4 hours was not enough, so I cut them in 4ths and had a 4th a pill every hour for most of my pregnancy!
We will pray the sick feeling goes away!

Trisha said...

So....how was the appointment!? It's been a while since you updated your blog so we need some new info. :) Hope you are feeling better since you're getting closer to being out of that first trimester. fPraying for you guys...